Friday, December 6, 2013

It doesn't take much.

Not too long ago, I had my sister's 5 daughters over for the weekend.
They are so fun and I felt honored to have them in my home.

Sunday morning came and I was tired when my daughter came in and asked
me if I would please make pancakes for breakfast.
To be honest, I didn't want to take the time. It's not just a batter that you add
water to. It's more time consuming because it's from scratch.
But, under my grumbly attitude, I said I would make it. They were happy.

The Christmas music was playing and they had something nice and warm to eat
including hot home made syrup!

Then we all got ready for church.  And too soon the day was over and they went home.

A few weeks later, I was telling my sister about my grumbly attitude making those
pancakes and she said to me (or something to this effect), "Really, because that was the
highlight of the girls' weekend.  The girls loved it and it was so peaceful to them with the
music and the pancakes."

I realized what people feel inside my home is so important.
I shouldn't grumble, I should be happy that it doesn't take much to bring
happy memories and peace here.

Music, good food, a mother there, and love.

That's all it takes.



2 comments:

  1. <3 this! Your home seriously is always super peaceful to us when we visit too. Peaceful and cozy and full of welllllll, AWESOME-ness. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a great story and reminder.

    ReplyDelete