Monday, October 21, 2013

A pretty awesome Sunday

Yesterday was Sunday. I love Sundays because I love Church.
I feel the spirit all the time and I just feel Heavenly Father and Jesus
so close to me. I received an answer to a prayer yesterday. Well, two prayers
actually. And maybe my friend received one as well.

I wasn't going to stay at church because Ian wasn't feeling very good. I was just
going to go to Sacrament Meeting because Dallin was a speaker. (He
did a great job by-the -way.)
My neighbor (who just started coming to church) came with us and was only going
to stay for the whole block if I was there with her. I had made previous arrangements
for someone to be there with her when I left so she wouldn't feel uncomfortable.

I have also been preparing for a lesson I need to teach at our Stake Relief Society
Leadership Meeting and was a little unclear about how it would all work out and
I was asking Heavenly Father to help me with it.

I have also been asking for help with my missionary efforts. It scares me. To death!

So, starting at 8am I had a Presidency Meeting in which I felt so much love for the
sisters I work with and so much love from them.
9am We had a stewardship meeting with the Stake President and received some
very beautiful counsel about sharing the gospel. Why not share what makes us so
happy. Right?
Then Church at 11:30. Sacrament meeting was great. My neighbor was there and
Dallin did a great job on his talk.
After Sacrament meeting my friend was there to snatch my neighbor and
take her to Sunday School without me. But for some reason I couldn't leave.
Ian kept asking to go home and I kept shushing him. I went to Sunday School
with Ian and he fell right to sleep. So I just stayed there with my neighbor beside me.
Our Sunday School teacher just was back from having a kidney transplant and he
was so thankful it was successful. He talked about when we will be resurrected and
our bodies being made whole again. He said he got a small glimpse of how it would feel.
The spirit was there and bore record of the truth of  Resurrection.

Relief Society was next. Our teacher taught in a way that answered my questions
about my lesson I'm preparing. I was so grateful for the example and what it would
look like. Now I know how to finish up my preparations. Yea!

And of course our lesson was about missionary work. We were put in groups
to discuss parts of the lesson. The section of the lesson that my group got was
"Missionaries should never forget that they are ambassadors from heaven, bearers
of good and glad tidings."
The one thing  that stood out to me the most was this:
"Never mind your difficulties and apparent losses; sink your own interests, and
your success will be grand and glorious and the whole Church will feel the effects
of your labors"

I took that to mean  Heavenly Father's ways are not our ways. Sometimes we want
to do things how we see best, but God knows better. If we trust His ways we will
have success. My husband told me that too, just the other day, when I was expressing
doubts about sharing the gospel. He said, " You need to trust in the Lord's way."
I  somehow received a bit more courage to share, to really help the work move forward.

I'm hoping, through the spirit and our conversations about missionary work, my
neighbor felt something grow in her. I know she is softening.

I'm so thankful for these beautiful Sundays and mostly thankful for answered prayers!




No comments:

Post a Comment