But there are other exciting things going on...
I was just recently called into the Stake Relief Society serving as the first
counselor over Sunday meetings and music. I absolutely love this calling.
I have been to 2 ward conferences, one of which, I got to teach. We still
have 4 more to go. I get to teach this Sunday too. We've gone to 3 Relief
Society Birthday Dinners which have been great and visits in each ward.
I get to rub shoulders with some of the best women and meet all kinds
of wonderful women who are truly devoted to our Savior. I am learning
so much about how to love.
Tony Sr. and I are still in the trenches of Trek preparations. He has put
together a cool film (Sara's idea) interviewing youth who have never been
on Trek and those youth who have and their worries and experiences.
We are hoping to pull youth who don't want to come and change their minds.
He is doing out takes about a wolf that hides up there in the hills and comes
down in the night to eat kids, that are so funny. He knows how to get those kids
involved and bonded. He has a gift I tell ya.
His work is picking up and he is one busy guy, but he is the best dad and
always makes time for our family.
Sara gets her drivers license this Monday (if she passes the test....) and she
is so excited. She will no longer have to rely on me or her Dad giving her rides.
Chloe is excited about "The Host" coming out. So, she is motivated to do some
dreaded work that needs to be done around here to earn some money to go and
maybe get some clothes or shoes or something.
Dallin is really into comic books and wants to publish his own. He is trying
really hard and puts in lots of time to it. He has also discovered the amazing
world of Harry Potter. He's reading #2 now and loves it.
Dallin and Lilly just started a Parkour/Freerunning(click the link) class that they
both like. They are really building up their core muscles. Dallin has a 6 pack already
and Lilly was told she does the best push-ups, even better than the boys. She was
really happy about that little fact. She's a strong one.
Lilly is trying hard to earn an American Girl Doll. They are expensive
so she is earning part of it and I will pay the rest for her birthday coming up.
She earns it by being a good worker and having a good attitude with school
and working hard. It's working... she still has work to do, but it's slowly
working.
Ian stopped going to primary for a while because he kept
falling asleep in Sacrament Meeting (on purpose) until I reminded him he can't
take fun classes like Parkour if he doesn't go to Primary. So he's been
going. Last week he walked in with no problem. Yea! I hope he keeps it up.
So that is it for now.... We're hoping for some pictures of Elder Tippetts soon.
-kelly
No comments:
Post a Comment