Thursday, March 14, 2013
It's different....
Ian refused to get into this picture
Ok, I keep thinking I need to write about my thoughts
about whats been going on around here.
You know, I'm still a mom who rushes everyone everywhere,
does the dreaded laundry, and gets the kids up to have scripture
study and prayer, worries about all I need to do for my (right now)
4 callings in my church, schools the kids and strives to be a better,
calmer mom every day.
But there is a difference here in our home.
It's not just that Tony is gone.
Tony(my son) is on a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ
of Latter-day Saints.
It has changed the feeling of things around here.
Our family is closer.
We are listening to our scripture study a little better.
We are preparing for our lessons and talks at church with a better
understanding of our relationship with our Savior.
We have a deeper purpose for ourselves.
My husbands work is picking up.
We are more determined to work harder on things because we
know Tony is.
We pay attention to things a little more because we want to write
it down in a letter to Tony. It makes us a little more thankful for
what we have and what we get to do.
We try to spend more time with each other because we know
it's important.
We have a little more patience with each other.
Even though life hasn't changed, we are feeling some of the blessings
of Tony being away and doing God's work. (even though it's hard).
It's so hard. Sometimes I miss him so much it hurts.
But, he is where he should be and he's having experiences that will
shape him into who he becomes.
And he will come home...
And he will go back to school...
And he will get married...
And I'll be a grandma. :) eventually....:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Beautiful post Kelly. Gave me a good cry this morning knowing that we're just a couple steps behind you. Thank you for putting your thoughts into words and sharing them with us! Love ya!
ReplyDeleteThis is so sweet. And tear jerking! Oodles of love, a, d and lil Eli
ReplyDelete