
On our way to Parowan it was raining. A lot!
There were also a lot of Semi's driving in the
same direction. I'm sure you know what it's like
to drive next to a Semi when it's raining.
It's scary!
After my choir directer encouraged us to
"embrace opposition", I thought for sure we were
going to crash and one, if not all of us, were going
to die!
We didn't thank goodness, because Sis Jolley
prays for us and our safety every night. Isn't that
awesome!? Well, that's not my point but I thought it
was cool enough to share. :)
On the way home I was tired and irritated
with my 3 yr old son for screaming and crying
in his car seat. He wouldn't stop. And I yelled.
My patient husband reminded me that he is only 3
and has been strapped in his car seat for 3 1/2 hours.
I was softened....a little.
Then at choir practice I was reminded,
It's not about enduring to the end, it's about
choosing the right in the raging storm.
My opposition is raging around my greatest weaknesses.
Staying patient in the midst of my children's chaos, mundane
chores, and self doubt.
(Satan, you clever beast, you!)
I am also reminded that the only way to keep those
feelings away is to stay close to my Savior. He's yours too.
You know the story of Punchinello in You Are Special?
Spend some time everyday with the Wood Carver!
All of those dotty stickers will start falling off.
Can you believe I'm almost 40 and I still have to learn
these lessons? I guess life is just like that.
School starts a week from today and we are going to
be busy. More about our fun activities later,
and I'll post a picture of a cute pin I made.
You'll have to tell me what you think.
In honor of Christina, my niece, I learned how to
play a song on a harmonica. "She'll be comin' around the
mountain!" You inspire me girl.:) I'll try to post
a video.
Have you ever tried to make your eyes sparkle?
If you try to lift your ears without touching them,
it makes your eyes sparkle.
I tried, and I looked possessed! Figures!
See ya!
Kelly, I didn't know you were in the choir as well! I love to see so many faces I know and I am so excited as well to sing at the Women's Conference! The music is wonderful and I completely agree with you about Sis. Jolley.
ReplyDeleteHey Kelly! I love this post! You are so optimistic and I think that is so wonderful! How was Parowan? I would love to see pictures! Well, we are planning on the labor day fun at sugarhouse park! Thanks for letting me know! See you Monday!!!
ReplyDelete