Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Sing on your way...

I have an amazing opportunity to sing at
the General Relief Society Meeting at the
Conference Center September 25th. I dont know,
maybe you'll see me scratching my nose or something
world wide!!!!

It's not allowed. Scratching your nose that is.
So is covering your mouth when you sneeze.

But you know what, that's okay because I just
went to my first practice last sunday and can I just
say.... I LOVED IT!

Our director is simply fabulous! FABULOUS!
She is inspiring, strict, hillarious, and down right talented!
Her name is Sister Jolley. The name fits her to the core.

Some of you may know her. She teaches choir
somewhere and I bet they sound fabulous!

She is an example to me too, about how I should talk
to my kids. Let me give you an example.

" I cant believe you just said that. What did we JUST
go over? Say it right. Good! Fabulous! You're testimony
just shines through. I can feel it!" sincere tears.

What would happen if we said those kinds of words every
day to our children? What would happen if we
reprimanded in a similar way?

I know exactly what would happen....
Our children will feel loved.
They would feel like they can handle hard things!
They would feel their testimonies growing.
That I know....
Because right now I am kind of like one of Sis.
Jolley's children and that's how I feel.

Sis Jolley gave us challenges for this time
we are practicing..... and I'm going to give them
to you because I know they would help anyone...

*Keep a prayer in your heart always.
*Double what you are reading in the scriptures.
*Embrace opposition because it WILL come.
*Be nicer to your spouse, your children, your neighbors.
*Write in your journal about your experience.
*Keep a song in your heart.
*Ask yourself...What does your testimony mean to you?
What does it look like when you sing?

You could replace "sing" with "live".

Try it! It might just change your life!

1 comment:

  1. That's great Kelly!!!!! Oh boy, I'm excited to see you (not itching or sneezing of course...) Good luck with practicing and keep up the hard work!

    ReplyDelete