Saturday, July 10, 2010

4th of July Celebarations Part 3

After seeing the balloons we went to Orem's Scera Park
and had a lot of fun at this recreation of Ellis Island.

We played games that they used to play.
C and Paris played hoops.

The kids got to try on their armor. It was so heavy!





Grinding grain!



Going to school!

Learning geography.

I'm making the girls these hats this year when
we study US History!

And buy a hat for D and E.

I got to share books with a cute 4 yr. old.

Dad and E playing a game.
Every time E would kill one of Dad's guys
he would say baaayaaam!
He's such a character!
Add Image
S posing for a picture holding a homemade candle.
They were so soft because they were sitting in the sun.

I would love to have a kitchen like this for a day just to
see if I could work it!
This lady is teaching C how to make Bobbin Lace.




This lady was showing how tatting works.


Eating a pizza lunch! YU-UM!
Stuff the soldiers used!

Real Hard Tack. I thought it would be more like
a stale biscuit but they are harder. The soldiers had to
soak them a little in water to make them easier to chew.
A tattered soldier.
Lills telling the soldiers all about D stepping in dog poo
earlier at the balloon aloft! She was so animated and
the soldiers were looking at her weird while S and I were
giggling in the corner! :)

Lills was so interested in everything.
She got right up close so she could see
exactly what they were doing.
This man was making a water pail.
He was selling them for $90!

This lady was making brooms they were selling for $110.
Lills kept begging me to buy one! :)
Paris and C are expert hoola hoopers!


Our adventures that day ended with a movie:
Percy Jackson and the Olympians and me going to
bed early with E. It was a fun day filled with fun memories!
That was the goal!

1 comment:

  1. Kelly I'm so glad you guys came!!! I hope it becomes a yearly tradition-we just love having you guys around and thank you so much for taking Paris, she loved it!!!

    ReplyDelete