Friday, July 9, 2010

4th of July Celebrations part 2

The girls doing the Macarena.

I've always wanted to take the kids to see
hot air balloons after I went to Autumn Aloft
in Park City when I was younger. I loved the
whole early morning adventure. Our friends
told us that they go to Provo to see the balloons.
This was my chance!
We were going to be in Provo anyway, we would
just meet them there. I was so excited!
Then we stayed up late the night before.
We finally got everyone to bed at 11:30p.m.
I woke up at 3:30 a.m. debating with myself whether
I should get up and go with everyone or let them sleep.
They would be happier as the day went on if they were
well rested. But, I still argued, this is something they
have never seen. It's new and exciting. They will love it!
But, can I deal with their tired crabbiness, when I'm
tired and crabby? I wont be crabby! I promise!

So after about 2 hours of arguing with myself I got up
and showered, woke everyone up and most of
them very willingly got up and ready to go.
Lills wouldn't wake up so I left her only to return,
not wanting her to miss out, and put her in the
van still asleep. :) She was happy I did!
My Hubby and T decided they would rather sleep.
D lost his flip flops the day before so he
didn't have shoes that morning but decided to come
anyway. So, we went to Smiths to buy breakfast and we
were off. When we were all walking to the park D
stepped in a pile of dog poo. With his bare feet! Gross!!!




It was cold and E kept asking to go home and Lills
would not go near D after he stepped in dog poo.
D was wrestling with Joe and kept falling into us
while we were trying to spread cream cheese on
our bagles, C kept accidentally stepping in
everyone's food and water....
other than that...
we had a grand time. The kids loved seeing
the fire blasted into the balloons and them lifting off.
It was a beautiful morning. Then we went to Walmart
to buy D some flip flops.

No comments:

Post a Comment