Today I took the kids to the library with my
friend Wendy and her little boy Seth. Wendy
and I chatted for just a second while Seth
escaped the library. We lost track of him and
we had lots of people looking for him in the library.
C and I and a couple of other ladies looked outside.
Wendy came out and looked very alarmed and
asked me if I would say a prayer.
"Out loud?" I asked.
"Yes!" she said, so, I did.
I thanked Heavenly Father for our blessings
and then I pleaded for Him to help us find Seth and
that if someone had him that they would take good
care of him."
Wendy went back in the library while a friend and
I stayed out side looking. There is an elementary school
right across the street where kids were playing and
I went to to see if he maybe went to the playground.
There was a lady there that asked if I was looking for
a baby.
"Yes!" I said so relieved.
"He's in the office."
I called back to my friend that Seth was
at the school's office and she ran into the library
to tell Wendy. I ran to the office and there
Seth was, laying on the floor, just as content as
ever. Two women in the office brought him some
books to look at and they had locked the office doors
so he couldn't get out. The office ladies were so nice
and friendly.
We saw Wendy coming and we all walked Seth to his
Mommy!
Our prayer was answered immediately after it
was said.
It reminds me of the scripture:
"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find;
knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
For everyone that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh
findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened."
Matt 7:7&8
I am so thankful for our loving Father in Heaven
who helps us and loves us!
Thank goodness about that! I've often thought that I need to start recording all my prayers that have been answered so that I don't ever forget the power they have. It really is amazing.
ReplyDelete