Oh this was a hefty job this morning.
I wasn't keeping up on the tub so,
I had a lot of stinking scrubbing to do.
Picture this:
I squoze cleaner all over the tub and the
walls. Let it sit for a minute.
I put on rubber gloves, got the cleaning tools
I needed, put on an apron so as not to bleach my
clothes, knelt down on the floor and started
scubbing.
First the soap scum. I hate soap scum.
D: Mom, I'm going to start packing for man's camp.
What should I pack?
Mom: (scrubbing and getting pretty winded) You
should pack long pants with no holes so you dont get a tick.
(Dad comes in talking about Obama. The phone rings.)
Dad: Heather.. She'll call you back!
(Dad talks more about Obama while I'm still scrubbing.
E comes in with an armfull of clothes.)
D: Are these clothes okay for E mom? Look what he has.
Dad: You know what babe, I'll just talk to you later.
Gotta go. Love you!
Mom: (Still scrubbing leaning over the tub. My nose is stinging
while breathing in the toxic cleaner and my knees are bruised
from kneeling on the tile. I move the rug over to kneel on.)
E, just lay out your clothes on the bed and then
I'll look at them when I'm done.
E: (Crying hysterically)Where's my pokemon cards?
Where's my pokemon cards.
Lills: I know where they are mom. They're at Katies house.
Mom takes off her nasty gloves and calls Aunt Tami.
Mom: Hi Tami, Did E leave his Pokemon cards at your house.
They are in a black backpack.
Tami: Where are they?
Lills: Mom, they are in Katies room in between the
shelf with drawers and the other shelf with drawers.
Mom: they are in Katies room in between the
shelf with drawers and the other shelf with drawers.
Tami: Here it is.
Mom: Okay, I'll come when I can.
Tami: okay, bye.
Mom: See ya! E, your cards are are at Katies house
We can't go right now, but we will later.
(E has a complete melt down.
I put my gloves on and start scrubbing again.
I start on the walls.)
D: okay, mom? I have these cool pants with no
holes and this cool shirt.
E:I WANT MY POKEMON CARDS!!!!!
Mom: E, just chill dude, we'll go get them later.
E: WAHHHHH!!!!!
I shut the door on him and get back to scrubbing.
Lills and D and E stay right by the door of the bathroom
and wait for me to be done. E is still crying.
Mom: you guys, I need you to go do your chores
and I will help you when I'm done.
Lill's: ewww mom, What's that all over your apron?
Mom: Yep, I bleached it while I was cleaning.
D: Okay, mom? What bag should I use?
Mom:(doing some back breaking scrubbing)
Get one that fits all your stuff.
Lills: Mom, I can't get my tooth out. I pushed it like this
and it hurts bad.
D: Okay, mom?
Mom:( getting really frustrated) get your chores done
I will be with you as soon as I'm done.
E: We go to Katies uhhh pokemon cards?
D: Can I help you mom so you dont get mad?
Lills: My tooth.....
Oh my gosh, can I just finish the tub?
Hahaha! Forget the stinkin tub!
ReplyDeleteYou're amazing!
ReplyDeleteProps for trying to clean your tub. I only do that when I know I'm going to have company.
ReplyDeleteAlso, I'm glad you used the word: Squoze. Because I use that word all the time, but was never really sure if it was socially acceptable.
love ya,
C