Monday, June 21, 2010

The Monsters are Coming!!!









Yesterday we had a fun evening at my
Mom and Dad's for dinner for Fathers Day.
It was good food and good company!
After dinner my brother Garth, to my kids'
utter delight, pulled out his pastels and a big clip board.
He decided to practice drawing monsters of
my family for a festival he's going to, to draw
monsters out of strangers.
It was so fun and my kids were in heaven.
E just carried is picture all over.
Garth is so talented and I'm so proud of him.
You can check his art work out HERE
and on page 24 of the June Friend magazine.
Or better, go see him in person
at the Pleasant Grove Promenade
and take a small art class
at the Toon Academy tent
where they're promoting the website
toonacademy.com
July 1st 5-9 pm.


Oh, and another thing: He designed and illustrated
this website to promote literacy in children.
Sign up, log your kids' reading time and
win some cool prizes!
readtoday.com


1 comment:

  1. He is SO talented. I remember at a family reunion long ago he drew a cartoon for each of us that was specific to our personalities. I treasured mine just like your kids treasure theirs.
    I'll have to check out these sites.

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete