Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Daisies and Therapy

My last water color class was last Friday.
And, I finished my daisy picture for my kitchen.

I just need to frame it now.

These are the pictures of all my class mates.
Aren't they talented.
I love how all of them are so different.
I was bummed I didn't get a picture of
my class mates. They were all so cute.
I was sad it was over.

There's good news though.
I get to take it again.

Thanks to my awesome Babe!

This time with adults.

And, not just any adults!

My mom Evelyn, my brother Garth
and my cousin( more like a sister) Valery.

How do you like them apples!

I'm so happy to share this with them.
And, anyone else for that matter.
But especially them!

Water Color is like therapy for me.

Last night and every night really, I had
to straighten the covers on my bed so I could sleep.
It's a funny sight, my side of the bed is all nice and
neat and straight, while my husbands side is chaos!
Blankets all in a pile and pillows with their cases half off.

Who can sleep like this?
I know! I know!
My husband can.

He just laughs at my neat and straight side.

Last night I thought,
"There must be some lesson in this"
Seriously, I thought of all the gospel topics and
tried to come up with a lesson.
I fell asleep and this morning it came to me.

Water Color!
When you water color everything is wet and when you
add color to water it just spreads around
and you have no control of it.
Well, maybe a little, but not total.
You have to just let it do its thing
and then accept it for what it is!

Beauty!

I remember one time when my husband and I were dating.
He was staying at a friends house and I went to see him
early one morning and he was asleep on the hide-a-bed...
with his mess of blankets and pillow cases half off.

It was beautiful. :)

I can liken water color to our children too.
You have a vision of what they are going to be
when they grow up and they end up being something
you didn't plan on but just as beautiful.

These stories run through my head every time I paint.
It helps me to be more loving and accepting
of things I have no control over.
It's good!





It's good.

3 comments:

  1. That is beautiful! When are you doing one for my house? :) I like the lessons too, thanks so much for sharing. Maybe I will have to take up water color so I can be at peace and be neat and clean...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly you have such awesome insight. I love reading your blog and getting a little look on your life. It makes me wish I lived closer! Beautiful pictures, what talent...makes me want to find mine...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelly, Oh what a wonderful thought. When things start looking messy and out of control around here I will think of your Daisy's which are AMAZING by the way!

    ReplyDelete