Monday, February 15, 2010

The Perks

Bishop Tippetts and our family


You know, there are perks to being a
Bishop's wife.

I get people calling me Sister Bishop a lot.
That's always nice... okay, not really.

I get to sit in sacrament meeting with
my children and make faces at
my husband while he's sitting up there
on the stand. I have a place we sit every week
so I can see his entire face. I try to get his attention
by swaying back and forth, or waving my hand,
or bumping up and down so that we can gain eye
contact. Sometimes his counselors notice me before
he does and they nudge him for me while they're
laughing inside.

Sometimes he smiles, sometimes he winks at me.

I like it when we winks at me.

Sometimes, when we have a child who is
screaming during the meeting, I give
my husband an "I'm going to kill this
kid" look as I'm walking out. And I know
he's thinking the exact same thing.

I get to kiss the Bishop!

In the halls!

This weekend was our stake conference.
I had the privilege of attending a dinner
with the Stake Presidency and the other
Bishops and their wives. Along with
Elder Keetch from the Seventy and his
wife. I also got to attend an early morning
training Sunday morning with Elder Keetch
explaining the importance of family being
top priority and how obeying the quiet promptings
of the spirit can change peoples lives.

I got to shake this amazing man's hand.
And feel his spirit. That was awesome.


The blessings our family has received because
of My Man being the Bishop have been had
in abundance. Very spiritual blessings, because
All things are spiritual!

Has it been hard? Yes!
Exhausting for my poor husband? Yes!
Heart breaking? Yes, sometimes.
I see it in his face when he comes home.

Worth it? Absolutely!

I can see that in his face too when he comes
home smiling.

So many perks! I'm so thankful for them!

No comments:

Post a Comment