Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Nursery Rhymes and P.S.


We don't have channel 5 and you know what that
means! It means we are not watching the Olympics.
I'm NOT happy about that.

So we're doing the next best thing.
Reading Nursery Rhymes.

Not just any nursery rhymes.

"Deans Mother Goose
Book of Rhymes"

It's the one my little sister got for her birthday when
she was 5 and shared with me.
It has most magical pictures.

I bought my copy on Amazon
and all the pages were falling out and some pictures
missing, so I got it for free. Lucky me!


Seriously, I feel lucky to have it.
Apparently, it's out of print and very rare.

I remember looking through it all the time
and giggling at the silly poems like:

Tell Tale Tit
Your tongue shall be slit
and every little puppy dog
shall have a little bit.

And:

Monday's child is fair of face,
Tuesday's child is full of grace,
Wednesday's child is full of woe,
Thursday's child has far to go.

Friday's child is loving and giving,
Saturday's child works hard for a living.

But the child that is born on the Sabbath day,
Is blithe and bonny, good and gay.

I always loved that poem because
I was born on Sunday. :)

P.S. Just looked again on Amazon...
They are going used for about $20.00
with shipping and handling.

I guess it's not so rare! :)

Buy one! You will love it!

1 comment:

  1. I love nursery rhymes and it saddens me when kids don't know who Little Miss Muffett is! What a cute book, I love it.

    ReplyDelete