Saturday, February 13, 2010

sleep and the Olympics


Last night we went to our friends house to
watch the Opening Ceremony's. I was very
bold when I told the kids the minute anyone
gets sleepy is the minute we go home.
I'm not carrying anyone to the van or into
the house. Did everyone understand this?
They all said they did.

It was kind of cold in my friends basement so
I wrapped up nicely in some blankets and laid on
a beanbag after my girls squished me off the
couch, and continued watching the athletes
march in. Then the show started. The
tap dancing was cool.

The next thing I know my son is waking me
up telling me he's sleepy. (Because, remember?
We're going home if anyone is sleepy!) Well, I
brushed off his comment and closed my eyes again.

I woke to a lady with a pretty big fro singing an opera
and D asleep beside me. My bum was numb and
my legs restless and itchy.

I guess I had been asleep for about an hour.
D fell asleep and so did S.

So much for my threat. :)


We thanked our friends as they kicked our butts
out the door. In a friendly way of course! :)

Thanks for the resting place and the yummy
Valentines cookies Shawn and Heather! :)

We came home to My Man enjoying this song.
click here to listen

No comments:

Post a Comment