Wednesday, September 23, 2009

I can laugh at myself! I can!

D printed off a cool looking
old time bike. We all had a discussion
about what kind of bike it was.

To us it looked like some kind
of stationary bike. One to exercise
on. We thought you sat on the lower
level while turning the upper level
that cranks the wheels on the bottom.

We also thought maybe you would sit
on the top level, your feet on the bottom
level and push up and down on it like a pump
to exercise leg muscles.

Lills said, "No, you sit on the bottom
level and eat on the top level WHILE
you're exercising."

No.... We (most of us) decided on the first idea.
You know, cranking around that top level.

We even brought the picture to D's
Knights of Freedom club and gave them
all our idea's. They were all as bewildered
as we were. Well, .....maybe!

Well, this evening when MY Man got home
we showed him the bike.

"Oh," he said matter of factly. "It's a table."

That light bulb inside my head made the connection
and I just laughed out loud.

Here is the picture:




I'd like to have it in my kitchen to remind myself
that laughing at myself does a world of good!

And, kudos to you Lills for getting it right.
Except for the exercising part. :)

2 comments:

  1. What a great laugh. I love when I can laugh at myself like that, it makes life so much sweeter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly, LOL. That is awesome! I would like to point out that it looks like the largest circle is a wine rack, too. that is a great story!
    Em

    ReplyDelete