Friday, September 18, 2009

A couple of poems.

Our favorite poem books.


I thought I would surprise the kids with something
that I like.

Public speaking and articulation.

I wanted them to be extremely articulate
and read aloud a poem of their choice.
Being very careful to pronounce the letters.

It was fabulous.
Even Lills said her poem taught to her by
Grandma.

If I had a pony and she wouldn't go,
Would I whip her?
No. No. No.
I would put her in the barn,
and feed her some corn,
and rub her little tummy
'till her back got warm.

CUTE!

Nick was over working with My Man and
asked if he could recite a poem too.
Awesome! Here is his poem:

Articulatory Agility

Articulatory agility
Is developing the ability
To effortlessly and believably
Utter clearly
The most convoluted consonant combos in the world.

Flexible lips
And strengthened tongue tips
Are needed to toss off
Quardian quips,

And who can dispute
A relaxed lower jaw
For spewing forth
A torrent of Shaw?

It takes superlative diction
To theatrically mumble
And clearly be misunderstood
In the jumble.

Be it couplets or pros,
dees deems or dos,
From Shakespeare to Simon
From Moyer to Mamet
It simply won't do
If they can't understand it!

Try it! It's fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment