Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Little bugger!

There is a cricket that lives right under the
window of my bedroom. My room is in the

basement so when I open my window he's
right there
making his music.

It would be a little more relaxing if there was a choir
of them making their music, but as it happens, he must
have gotten kicked out of the choir.
He's got a screechy tone and he keeps me up at night.
I thought maybe he would move on, find another home
especially because of the pouring rain.
But, he insists on serenading us.

My husband enjoys his music. It lulls him to sleep,
he says.
So the other night when George(yes,I named him)
kept waking me up, I dreamt I was going to smash him.
I was over come with guilt and grief and
couldn't do it.

Maybe, he is suppose to live for the
purpose of helping my husband to sleep well.
Well..... if that is the case,

we can be partners.


I take my hat off to you, George,
for your consistency! And may I,
one day,
be as consistent as you.

Maybe, tonight you could sing
"If You Could Hie To Kolob."

It's my husbands favorite.



No comments:

Post a Comment