Monday, December 9, 2013

Kelly's Kitchen: Spiced Turkey Wrap

On a scale from 1-10 all but one of the family voted 5 or higher.
My husband voted 10, which is the most important opinion anyway.:)
It's healthy and easy to make. The most important thing to do is make
sure you have all the spices. They literally make the meal so, try not to
leave any out.

Spiced Turkey Wrap:

2 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
1/2 medium onion thinly sliced (I chopped mine)
2 garlic cloves minced (1/2 tsp of pre-minced garlic equals 1 clove)
1 inch piece fresh ginger peeled and minced (I chopped off about a 1 inch 
square piece of ginger peeled and shredded it with the smaller shredder holes)
 Saute these ingredients until aromatic and softened. 3-4 min.



Add 1 medium carrot peeled and shredded 
(I didn't want to add the carrots this time.)
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp ground coriander
1/4 tsp ground turmeric
1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
Add this to the onion mixture

Then add 5 ounces of lean ground turkey and cook it all together
until the turkey is completely cooked through.


So, I forgot about the last step of this recipe and skipped it.
It would've added so much to it but, oh well, It was still delish.
Add to the meat mixture:
2 Tbs low sodium chicken broth
1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh cilantro.


Make some guacamole and spread it on a few romaine lettuce leaves.
Add some of that meat mixture


You can also add:
1/2 cup baby spinach
1/2 cup watercress
Hummus (flavor of your choice)
for garnish.
Drip some fresh lime juice on it, roll 'em up
and take a bite. 

This recipe feeds 1 person. I quadrupled the recipe and fed my 
family of 7. 
 (this recipe came from the blood sugar solution cookbook)

Enjoy, my friends.





No comments:

Post a Comment