Tuesday, November 12, 2013

I'm so glad we're having these experiences! :)


Let's see,  Tony has been gone for 9 months. He is serving in Ulyanovsk
and going on his 8th month there. He had a great companion, Elder Brewer,
for the last 3 months and they became the best of friends. Luckily he lives in
the Salt Lake Valley so I know their association will last a life time.

My husband and I were able to meet up with Elder Brewers parents and 
Sister Platt's parents for dinner. Sis Platt also serves in Tony's area in Russia.
We met at a great pizza place and talked and talked. It was so nice to visit 
with them and share the worries and the blessings we receive having our 
missionaries in Russia.

We still stay in contact and will even though our son's have different companions now.
Sister Platt comes home in February and we will meet up again at her homecoming.
I love the connections we can take advantage of  through this experience and they
are truly fun, and inspiring. 
Vicki and her husband Platt,(left) Heidi and Doug Brewer (middle)
 and us(right).

Left to right: Sister Platt, Sister Haroldson, Elder Brewer, Elder Tippetts



So, Dallin got involved in NaNoWriMo
National Novel Writers Month...
He's trying to write a book. If he accomplishes his goal of 25,000 words
they will bind 5 copies of his story(book).
He's been writing , writing and writing, and then, he lost his jump drive that
he saved it all on, 3000+ words. He found it in the school's lost-in-found,
then lost it again.  


This is a picture of a map of the city is is writing about.
Hopefully, this experience will have a good ending. We will see....

We started a Family MTC.
We are discovering the gospel, sharing our experiences,
writing about those experiences. 
The kids like it so far....well, we've done it once...
 but it was successful!

Homeschooling is difficult yet rewarding this year... 
I can see a faint light, but it's light thank heaven!

We've been working with the Missionaries more lately. Last Sunday we had 
4 less active/investigators in Sacrament meeting. 3 stayed for the whole block.
They are all enjoying it  and feeling the spirit. I'm so glad. 
The gospel becomes such a part of us that it shines, and you just can't help it.
I love it!

Life is so good. And so hard...dang it!
Happy Tuesday!




No comments:

Post a Comment