Friday, July 12, 2013

The Women's Pull part 2

The Stake President had all of us gather together and he called the 
boys and men on Missions. "Prepare your families for the time that you 
will be called away. It will be within the hour."  Up the trail a ways, they 
were asked to leave their families. As they walked up the trail, the girls sang,
with no prompts or direction, Called to Serve.  
I think it kind of sounds corny as I write it, but the spirit was so strong I could not
choke out the words of the song. Even now, to think about it, I'm warm with the spirit 
of what those Pioneers went through and their testimonies. I would like to 
think I would have as much faith to just let my husband leave like that. 

The girls had a counsel. They needed to agree on a way to get the hand 
carts up the hill. Some of them wanted to go up and down the hill pushing 
one cart at a time, with everyone on each cart. Another said we can push
our own carts. We have enough strength. There were some who disagreed.
One young woman said..."You guys,.. You are stronger than you think you are.
We can do this." They voted... Most voted to push their own families carts,
the one's who disagreed, were reluctantly fine with it. We gave each young 
woman and woman a bracelet with a red bead with a knot on each side.
 The red bead represents Individual Worth, 
the two knots represent Doubt "knot", Fear "Knot"
D&C 6:36 "Look unto me in every thought; doubt not, fear not."  
Even the women and girls who could not participate in the pull 
got a bracelet and was reminded by the Stake
Young Women's President not to doubt that it was 
what was suppose to happen for them. She had the perfect words. 

All the girls gathered around their own carts. We split up the aunts
where there were weak spots. I was even put on a cart.  We pushed. 
We pushed really hard.  I kept thinking, "one footstep at a time.
Just keep pushing. Hey, my feet don't hurt a bit. Is this for real?
Could this be happening. Is the spirit manifesting himself to us...
to these daughters of Heavenly Father? Are they gaining a 
Testimony?" I looked up to see some of the girls running back
to help the other carts. Then I felt hands on my back helping me 
push the cart. That's when I started to cry. That's when 
all the girls on my cart started to cry. 
The boys saw us and came to take over. 
At the top of the hill, Bishop McCune sang Come, Come ye Saints.
Everyone gathered in their families and everyone was crying.
They all talked about the experience. 
They had done a really hard thing and they felt the spirit! 

Sarah did awesome!Her family all hugged her and each other, happy that they
had done it!
Ashley had a bloody nose the whole time. 
When I looked up I saw her with a tissue shoved up her nose 
but she just pushed anyway. 
My Sara later told me her feet didn't hurt the whole time she pushed
even though she had many blisters. 

The feeling of Trek was different after the pull. The families were a lot closer 
and the air was thick with happiness. Even though we were all exhausted. 




No comments:

Post a Comment