Friday, April 19, 2013

A lesson I learned from Natasha



The picture Natasha sent me.

I just got an e-mail from a sweet lady from Russia named Natasha. She just met
Tony(Elder Tippetts) that day and took the time to send me an e-mail and a picture
of him. She said Tony is kind and understands little Russian but it's fine, he will get
used to it.

I was so happy for the rest of the day. Then I thought of how any Mother would
 like to get an e-mail from someone who has interacted with their son while so far
away from home.  I have had the privilege of having many missionaries in our home
and watching them teach with the spirit. They can be so powerful and kind. Like the
Savior. Wouldn't you want to hear that about your son or daughter?

I will do that next time I have missionaries over. It's one more way to connect
with our sisters that don't live close to us but that we still have a connection with
through motherhood.  My love for missionaries have grown since Tony is serving.
I also feel an obligation to treat them like I would want my son treated.

Thank You Natasha.

2 comments:

  1. Love this idea. Elder Tippetts looks fabulous and happy as can be! How nice it is that Natasha sent this to you. She must have been guided by the spirit! And now you've taught me to do something new!! So, thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ps... And it's awesome to see his name on his coat. Pronounced stir-aye-shna, I've seen this many times as Dustin rummages through his mission stuff. Awwwwwesome. Totally awesome.

      Delete