Saturday, February 16, 2013

The day came...and then it was over.

The time finally came to take Tony to the MTC.  The day before, we all went 
bowling and had a great time.  Bowling is really fun for about 1 1/2 games, 
then it becomes frustrating when your scores have only been about 60 pts.
I finally figured out how to put a spin on the ball and I got 2 spares in a row! 
Ya, that  happened at my last two turns. 

 
We laughed when we realized the old people that were 
bowling that day were getting drunk.:) 
We didn't get pictures of them though.:)







We all had a good time. We knew it was our last activity together for a while.
So, it was kind of a happy/ sad time.  
That night was tough on the kids and Tony's girlfriend. But they all held up okay.
Tony gave all of us blessings. That was the best part.  He was so confident 
and he set the most amazing example. I'm so proud of him.
Heather said goodbye to Tony before we went to the church.


He was set apart as a Missionary for the 
Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints. 


The next day, We all got our picture with him.





 I'm one proud Missionary Mama!

Then we went to an awesome restaurant in Provo:
Sam Hawk (Korean food)


 Dallin is getting the hang of it! 
 Getting used to those chop sticks is no easy thing.

 One last goodbye from Ian.

And a final picture with Dad! 

We all piled out of the van at the MTC drop off  
and hugged him one last time and  wanted one more 
family picture, but the missionaries were not 
allowed to help us with that.  So we got one with just 
Tony and Dad.  I love this one. 

Then he was off.....Dad heard the missionary that was helping 
Tony ask if he was the oldest.:) 
We thought that was funny because, really,  how
obvious can it be!   
What an example he set for our family.  

So the day came...and then it was over and Tony
is embarking on his greatest adventure yet!

When we got home it was super tough.
everyone had their time to cry. 
We still have our times, but we are all okay.

I'm waiting patiently(well, maybe not too patiently)
for some word from Tony. 

I'll let you know the news when it comes!



1 comment:

  1. Great post Kelly! He's going to do great, especially 'cause he's got you and your amazing family as his main support system. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete