Thursday, January 24, 2013

Dustin,


Dustin, I'm sorry we haven't called. 
Tony has a small picture album to carry with him. His Mission President 
gave him that same advice. 
He also has electrical converters and a cool "kanga pouch" to hold his 
passport in. 
Does he really need a robe? Vitamins?  
Can you buy suits in Russia that are reasonably priced?

How careful do you have to be about the food and water there?
Will Tony learn all he needs to know, about money and food, from 
his Senior Companion?
What advice do you have for him that I'm not thinking of?
Will he be okay?

Anxiety is inching it's way through me. Have any advice for me?
Maybe your mom can answer that one. :) 

We went to a cool Russian deli/grocery called Luybochka.
We learned about some of the food there and the owner 
brought Tony to the grocery area and let him taste all kinds 
of food they had there. He loved a lot of it. He bought some  
and tried some more.  The lady who owned the place was 
so happy to know we wanted to try the food  and was even
happier when we enjoyed it! We ate Borscht, and some kind of
dumpling with mashed potatoes in it. A dumpling with hamburger balls
in it and a yummy dessert called blitzzi (I think). It's a crepe filled with
farmers cheese and drizzled with chocolate sauce and sour cream.
What did you like to eat there where you served?  

I think we will go again before Tony leaves and become
friends with these generous people. They told us a lot about 
Russia and how cold it is there. Ugh.
But, how nice Russian people are. We had a good example 
in these two friendly ladies.
Anyway, tell me what you know....

Love,
Your Aunt...
Kelly







2 comments:

  1. Hahahaha, you're so funny and awesome. Can't wait to tell him about this! He's on Indiana jones right now as I wait with a sleeping Eli. Oh... Wait... No, he's awake. Annnnyway, I'll show him this shortly!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Aunt Kelly, I answered some of your questions with a blog post: http://dustinandarianna.blogspot.com/2013/01/aunt-kelly.html
    Hope it helps!!

    ReplyDelete