Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Balloon Bending

So bummed I don't have a picture....yet!  But last weekend I volunteered at the
Neighborhood Cub Carnival as a balloon bender!
You heard it right.
A Balloon Bender.
It was fun, and a lot of work.
One little girl wanted a fairy wand and I couldn't do it. She folded her arms
real tight against her chest and frowned pretty big. Her mom took her aside as
I was apologizing for not knowing how yet. She smiled at me as she told her
daughter, " Honey, she's not a magician!"
 I'm just not that good yet!
Another little girl asked for a fish. When I told I didn't know how she asked
for a bird.
I didn't know how to do a bird either.
She was happier when I promised I would learn how for her.
She was happy with a dog.
I knew how to do a dog. And a giraffe and a sword (2 kinds, pirate and knight),
fairy wings, a flower, and a butterfly. Tried a hat, but failed.

My booth had the longest line!

Anyway, My fingers got so cramped after 2 hours of balloon bending I couldn't tie 
a knot  and my feet were killing me but, I can't take all the credit. Once S saw how 
I was doing things she helped quite a bit! She was tired too.

 I got a gig to do some balloon bending for a birthday party in October!

How 'bout them beans! :)

1 comment:

  1. TOTALLY funny. And that is a fantastic skill to have by the way.

    ReplyDelete