Saturday, November 5, 2011

Halloween

Oh Halloween is bitter sweet indeed.
It's a headache and yet so stinkin' exciting for the kids.
They anticipate it like Christmas and the day after
is just as exciting. 
The sorting and the trading begin! 
All day...
if I would let them. 

This year I went to sewing their costumes. 
They turned out
pretty cute. 
E and D Decided to be two characters in 
Avatar: The Last Airbender.
 Presenting the Avatar, Aang. Isn't he so 
awesome? He's actually air bending...
Can you see the air twisting around....?


 and Zuko, from the Fire Nation

It's amazing what you can make with mens t-shirts,
felt and red and black fabric.

Lill's wanted to be a wizard...
Now please do not be confused. 
She is a GIRL Wizard. NOT a witch
and, heaven forbid, NOT a boy Wizard.

We fixed up her hat . It was a princess hat but we took off the 
tulle that was hanging from the tip and put the moon and stars on
with some silver ribbon. 
She was a happy little Wizard. WooHoo!

 S was a gypsy... I love all the colors. 
She is very fond of bright colors too!
C was a Rock Star... She loved the boots!

And here I am with my friend Karen. 
She was The Statue of Liberty I was an
Sudanese woman... 
My friend from Sudan, Fatma, gave me the wrap and dressed 
me up that night. Adorned with hand tattoos and 
ankle tattoos that were horrible to get off.
She wanted me to keep them on but I had 
church the next day.  
Fatma swears we will go together to church wearing Christmas
wraps.( I don't remember what she calls them).
Halloween can be fun, if you just go with it 
and stop fighting it. 
Advice for myself!
I forgot the pumpkin painting....
Do you see the tree house?
D is really into trees right now and the base of the stem
looked like the trunk of a tree and his imagination took over.



This is E's pumpkin. He was very proud of his art work.


C's  painted pumpkin

Lill's pumpkin. See the black spot on the right?  That is a witch!

S's pumpkin

Lill's couldn't resist a tree house too!

No comments:

Post a Comment