"It's fun to twist on the slide!"
My daughter said. But she lied.
I went down twisting fast,
Hit my lip while having a blast.
It swelled so much that I cried.
It swelled so much that I cried.
This picture was taken a couple of days after I hit my lip so,
the swelling was down some. I'm not pushing my lip out either.
Okay, this poem is not all the way true.
But it's the best I could do with writing poetry.
Here's the real story:
I don't enjoy swimming. I don't like to be cold and it
takes me quite a long time to warm up. So, swimming
is the last thing on my list of things to do to have fun.
My children are the opposite. They all love swimming.
We went and got a membership to the fitness center
so we could swim as much as the kids want all year.
Woo Hoo! Fun for me! We sacrafice for our kids right?
Well, we went swimming last week (indoor) and everyone
jumped in no problem! It takes me at least 10-20 min just to
get in the water. As I was inching in, (I know it's better to just
jump, but I couldn't make myself do it!) I noticed the kids heading
over to the water slide.
"Perfect way to get wet fast." I thought, so I followed them
up the stairs. I went down the slide and it was really fun!
So fun, in fact, that I went down several more times.
The kids and I thought we'd do some tricks.
We had to go down feet first, that was the rule so,
my daughter told me about twisting back to front,
around and around. I watched her go down that way and thought,
"That's cool!"
I wanted to try it.
So I did!
The first twist went just great and then for another.
All of a sudden I whacked my face against the side of the slide,
gasped, and breathed water into my nose and throat.
You know how that feels. Not good!
I finally got to the bottom holding my swelling lip.
I didn't go down again, but was having a great time with the kids.
The best time I've ever had swimming actually.
Yes, I was cold and Yes, I had a fat bruised lip but, in my book
scrapes and bruises while playing just means that I'm healthy
and I like to play hard and that is a good thing!
Check out more limericks HERE.
OUCH!! That looks like it really hurt. Thanks for joining in today!
ReplyDelete