This month I turn 40. It's wierd to think that I've lived this long. It doesn't feel that way physically, but when I think of all I've done and learned, it's pretty exciting. I feel like I'm gaining new insight into our existence and why we are here, why we do what we do, yadda yadda...
I'm in the trenches of my journey to wisdom and smartitude. I have teenagers now and little ones who still need me (so thankful for that) and an awesome husband who is learning and growing right along side me. (Even more thatnkful for that!)
I'm so pround of my 6 children and the simple fact that I have 6 children.
I'm learning so much just in the experiences we have as we travel through life as a family. What a beautiful thing it is to have a support system that is like no other. All my true wisdom and smartitude has come from being a member of my own clan. My own clan! I like how that sounds. :)
Giving credit where it truely belongs, I could not have made it this far with out the divine help of my loving Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ, and my constant companion The Holy Ghost. I have a very deep appreciation and love of the true principles being taught by and through Their guidence and love. And a love for them.
So, I'm turning 40 and I keep seeing lists people are making. Lists of Things to do. Things to do today, things to do before I turn 40, 50, so many lists..... I make lists all the time and I dislike them with a passion. I really do. They overwhelm me and make me feel like a failure when I don't to all the things listed. I was even going to list some cool things to do in my 40th year. You know, places to go and cool things to do. But the problem is this.... You never know what will happen and make these things impossible!
Negative thinking?
maybe.
I think the key is a good attitude. I just read of the "but" principle.
So, I didn't get totally in shape but I'm still strong enough to play with my children.
I wasn't able to go to Chicago, but I did get to see my nephew and his beautful bride get married here in town.
You get the idea?
So, no list for me....but a better attitude and a thankful heart.
No comments:
Post a Comment