
Yesterday I had the opportunity to
work for my husband cleaning an empty
house. My friend Fautma came with me
and we worked for 4 hours straight.
This house had no running water so,
we couldn't use the comode if we needed to.
So, it was good we forgot to bring food or water
for ourselves.
We scrubbed walls, base boards, windows,
every crack and cranny there was. We reached high
and crouched low. 4 hours later we were done and
returned to my sisters house to pick up my kids,
(thankfully close by) get a drink of fresh water
and use the comode. We talked about being
a good team and how hard we worked.
It felt good to have two able hands and arms
and legs to help support our families.
Even though I was exhausted and my
hands and arms were so sore I couldn't move them,
I was thankful to have an able body.
My simple pleasure!
work for my husband cleaning an empty
house. My friend Fautma came with me
and we worked for 4 hours straight.
This house had no running water so,
we couldn't use the comode if we needed to.
So, it was good we forgot to bring food or water
for ourselves.
We scrubbed walls, base boards, windows,
every crack and cranny there was. We reached high
and crouched low. 4 hours later we were done and
returned to my sisters house to pick up my kids,
(thankfully close by) get a drink of fresh water
and use the comode. We talked about being
a good team and how hard we worked.
It felt good to have two able hands and arms
and legs to help support our families.
Even though I was exhausted and my
hands and arms were so sore I couldn't move them,
I was thankful to have an able body.
My simple pleasure!
I feels good to use our bodies to work hard, doesn't it?
ReplyDeleteI hope your soreness goes away quickly! But you are right it is an amazing blessing to have able bodies.
ReplyDeleteI have to admit that while I am working, I grumble.... and when I'm sore I grumble.... but looking at a job well done makes me very happy!
ReplyDeleteI'll work on a new perspective while I am working :)