Here is Josefina and her doll Nina playingwith her friend Mariana and her corn husk doll.
We are going to make corn husk dolls for
our Nina dolls to play with.
Oh, the world of imagination.
I remember being little and saying things like
"Lets play pioneers!" or "Lets play orphanage!"
Now I hear my own daughters saying things like
"Lets play Josefina!" or "Lets play slaves!"
(that is based on the American Girl Addy who ran
from slavery.)
So, lets get started:
First you need corn husks and some kind of goodstrong string. I got some hemp cord, but you can use
anything. Twine is good. I used about 8 pieces of the
corn husks for my doll so it would be thicker and stronger.
Pat the pieces with a towel so theydon't drip.
You will notice that each husk looks a bit likea triangle. Layer 2 sets of husks (2 pieces in each set)
so that the points are together and one set where the
points point opposite and on top of each other.
Lay the layered triangles, the points touchingin the middle, on top of the other set and
wrap the points up.







No comments:
Post a Comment