Sunday, October 3, 2010

US History Co-Op







This year my friend Heather and I and the kids get
together to do some fun learning.
US History. It's great fun for the kids.
I have so many pictures on my camera in a
different sphere. It's wierd I know. So, for
now I will post what I have.
Here, we are making faces for our totem poles.
We learned all about the indians. We made costumes
for the kids all adorned with pretty beads and moccasins
to boot. We played in a Teepee and learned a real
indian song. We each had our own indian names too.
We learned about Christopher Columbus and
put on a play about him coming to The New World.
At the end of September the older kids gave their reports
and the little kids sang a very nice song about the
Nina, the Pinta, and the Santa Maria.
October is the month about Jamestown,
Puritans, Pilgrims, and the start of our great
country. So much sadness and some happy times too.

No comments:

Post a Comment