Wednesday, March 31, 2010

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society


So, I have this really cool gift.

Blocking out noise.

I learned when I was learning
how to live with my husband.
He snores!
Sometimes pretty loud.
Sometimes my kids and I laugh
in amazement at the sounds he makes.

I learned to block it out.
I feel too bad waking him up and telling
him to roll over. I just couldn't do it.
I still can't.

This gift has come in handy. I block out
the noise (if it's not screaming) my kids make.
Especially if I want to read.


And read I did.
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society.

It's about the German Occupation during WWII
on the island of Guernsey in the Channel.

I loved it.
I love stories about WWII.
This one was sad. So many terrible things
happened in those times.
But some of them tried their darndest
to make some fun so they could have a little
happiness, or just a laugh here and there.

I loved their Society Meetings.
They read what they wanted and
then reported what they learned.
Positive or negative.

The Society brought peculiar people
together. They cared for each other and
loved each other through such tragedy.

It's a love story too. The kind I love.
Not mushy.

I highly recommend you reading it!




No comments:

Post a Comment