I am indeed the only adult in my
Water Color class.
I sit next to a very talented
young girl.
She smiled at me a lot. Especially when I
outwardly showed my excitement when
we were going to paint the pictures we sketched.
I also told Karen (who is teaching) how nervous I was
to put color on my sketch. She said "Let me show you
how I'm NOT nervous." and she just painted
away. She made it seem so easy and it turns
out that it is pretty easy.
I didn't know that you build upon your colors.
I didn't understand the way you let the water colors
do it's thing and blend together on their own.
I didn't know that you can add detail to your
paintings with your thumb nail or the bottom of
your paint brush.
Watching the colors blend while we were making a
color wheel was really fun and cool.
At the end of class Karen had a ton of pictures
of daisies for me to look at, and just happened
to have a beautiful one she had painted on her wall.
She wanted an idea of what I want to paint.
Wild Daisies.
When I got home, my kids wanted to learn what I learned
so I taught them. We painted and painted.
Then I got books from the library and learned more about
painting bricks and things. One of the books said to
practice sketching pictures everyday.
Last night I started that assignment. And just by
doing, it inspired my son D to do the same.
We are both having a great time with it.
Just the other night I was looking at
a book that had all different kinds of
flowers. It talked about different flowers
that are easy to break apart to sketch
and paint. When you sketch pictures,
especially pictures from nature, you notice
all the intricate pieces and parts of trees and
flowers, and you gain such a deep appreciation
for God's creations! And that he created them
for us. To make us happy.
I fell asleep feeling so loved by Him, and
slept so soundly.
I appreciate also the feelings that come when
you try something new or develop a talent.
You can develop any talent as long as you practice.
Karen said you have to paint an acre before you paint
a good painting. Just like learning to play the piano,
or learn anything. You wont be perfect at it the first time,
or the 100th time. But keep practicing and eventually
you'll be a pro!
P.S. I just got some supplies and can't wait to
practice what I've learned. And post
my art... if I can ever get our computers
to cooperate! I'm working on it.
Way to go!! Your post is so inspiring. I want to be creative and develop more talents too. I am so excited to see what you paint. Good job for taking the first step.
ReplyDelete