


So, I was reading in the scriptures with my family
the other morning and we were reading about
Nephi breaking his steel bow. His brothers were
ticked. They were all hungry and tired and they began
to murmur against Nephi. Even his own father, who
was a prophet, murmured. Nephi was so frustrated
with them for not having more faith that "I did say
many things unto them with the energy of my soul."
His father was truly chastened and they looked
upon the ball and it showed him where to find food
and Nephi made a bow and arrow out of a stick
and found food for his family.
(see 1 Nephi 16:18-32)
You go Nephi!!!!
This exchange between Nephi and his father
reminded me of the exchange between
Helen Par and Edna Mode.
Helen: I'm losing him! What'll I do?
What'll I do???
Edna: with a shocked expression: What are you
talking about? You are Elastigirl!
(Hitting Helen with a newspaper)
Pull yourself together!
What'll I do? Is this a question?
You will show him that he is
Mr. Incredible and you will remind
him who you are!
You know where he is.....
Go! Fight! Win!
And call me when you get back
Darling, I love our visits!
You Go Edna!!!
I can just imagine Nephi hitting his father with
the brass plates and saying,
"Pull yourself together! What'll I do? Is this a question?
You will show God that He is the Father and
You will remind Him who you are!
You are a prophet of God! Go! Fight! Win!"
(My imagination can sometimes get the better
of me...I know!)
I love it!
I think I need a good whacking
sometimes too with someone saying....
"Pull yourself together! What'll I do?
Is this a question? You will show God
that he is your Father and
You will remind Him who you are!
You are a daughter of God!
Kelly! A wife! A mother!
Go! Fight! Win!
Thanks for the lesson!
Amen sister. I just came to a very similar conclusion myself yesterday. We are fighters and we are going to win!!!
ReplyDeleteclassic!
ReplyDeleteI love this. I also am a fan of Nephi and Edna.
ReplyDelete