A few weeks ago during choir practice we
were singing "Come thou Fount of every blessing"
and were picking apart the song, practicing the parts
that we struggled with, then sang it all the way through.
We were really "losing ourselves " in the song.
The last part of the song goes,
"Prone to wander, Lord I feel it
Prone to leave the God I love..."
Here, the gentleman behind me rolled his R's
while he sang the word "prone".
It was beautiful. the spirit was so strong!
After we ended the song I tuned around and said,
"You rolled your R's. That was awesome!"
He said, " I just got so into it."
I love it when that happens. When we lose ourselves in
His work. Music or serving others or whatever it
is.
We are promised, "He that findeth his life shall
lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake
shall find it." Matthew 10:39
I'm thankful for times when we lose ourselves
In Him and find a happier person inside ourselves.
No comments:
Post a Comment