Monday, November 23, 2009

Gratitude in every moment.


This week we will be celebrating Thanksgiving.
I'm actually excited to eat turkey and pumpkin pie.
Aren't You?
It seems this Thanksgiving means more to me than
any other. Maybe because I'm nearing 40 and I'm
finally realizing what it is that makes true happiness
and peace in my life.
So this week (everyday) my posts
will be about what I'm truly thankful for.
Lately I've noticed them in every moment.

I went to bed last night and woke up to
a Winter Wonderland. Beautiful snow! C
looked out last night and noticed how the
lights in the neighborhood reflected off the snow
in a way that made it easier to see the texture of
the snow falling and on the ground. It was
really sparkly and magical.

It made me think of a man who gave a little
speech at Pow Wow. He said(paraphrase)
"The most important thing you can do with
these boys is get them OUTSIDE. There is
something that happens to them when they
see a leaf fall, the sun shine, or snow. They realize
that we have a Heavenly Father who loves us and
has created this beautiful world and all the wonders
of it to make us happy."

This is true. I have felt these feelings as I was
running up a mountain in Provo Canyon while
it was snowing. (to ease car sickness and fear)
I was filled with cold, fresh air that healed.

I am so thankful for times like these when
we appreciate what God has given us. What he
has truly given us.

No comments:

Post a Comment