Monday, September 14, 2009

Those poor mama cows.

I took the kids to the fair today.
I'm not a fan of going to the fair
but I thought I'd let my children have that experience.
I forgot my camera in the rush of getting out the door
so I couldn't take pictures of those poor mama cows.

Picture courtesy of Google.com


The bottom line is:
Those cows needed to be milked. BAD!
They were so full they were just leaking like crazy!
I felt desperate to help them.

It brought me back to my nursing days.
Do you remember?

The pain... the rock hardedness.....the leakage....
the baby that wont latch right away..... the relief
when they finally did.

I wanted to cry for those cows.
I was so glad to go home, and
lay down. I feel so grateful
those nursing days are over.

And, I was cured about ever wanting to live on a farm.

So, so cured.

2 comments:

  1. Kelly, you are so funny! You had me laughing and wincing at the same time. I'm sure all former nursing moms can relate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are the funniest lady I know! I am crying I am laughing at you so hard! I came out of there thinking of all the things we learned and the great time we had (even the rain and stinky animals) I also thought it would be fun to buy a goat... Anyway, I just had to tell you are a riot! by the way, you forgot about the "sheep tail" :)

    ReplyDelete