My brother's birthday is today.
He turned...... I don't know,
47?
Holy Cow!
Well.... he is an awesome uncle.
Always thinking of the kids.
He remembers
EVERYONE'S birthday.
I'm serious! Even all my cousin's
uncle's, and aunt's birthdays.
Everyone's anniversary, every holiday.
He brings gummy worms every
time we get together.....for the kids.
Us adults don't mind taking some too. :)
He buys movies just so the kids can borrow them.
He's amazing.
Well, Todd, my husband reminisced about
you during a talk he told a couple of Sunday's
ago at church.
About Hope!
Remember when E had surgery on his
kidney? Tony and I have never had a child
go through surgery before so to us it was pretty
traumatic! He was prepped for surgery and
we handed E over to the Doctor.
They walked down the hall and
Tony and I both cried.
We felt such sadness and despair.
The surgery went well but E had a hard
time waking up. I was nursing him at the time
and was full and needed to feed him.
He would not stop crying so, he couldn't eat.
I cried some more because I couldn't comfort him.
I felt so helpless.
You came to visit us at the hospital. Remember?
You brought E a Cookie Monster stuffed animal.
When E finally felt a bit normal and was able
to eat and be comforted he smiled a lot
at that Cookie Monster. Tony and I finally felt better.
You brought us 'hope' Todd.
We finally felt the peace of God.
"May we all find the 'peace of God which passeth all
understanding'(Phillip. 4:7) which can be found
only through charity, faith and hope."
M. Russell Ballard
Thank you for loving us. Happy Birthday big brother!


Kelly, what a great post for Todd. Made me tear up, very touching.
ReplyDeleteAmazing blog too Kell, keep it up girl!