
Okay, and Oh my gosh!
Sometimes I could kick myself!
How many times does it take for you to learn a lesson?
For me? Well.....
When Chloe was born, a really nice lady
made a delicious vegetable beef soup for us.
She brought it over in a really nice crock pot
that she received for Christmas a few days earlier.
So when I was washing it, it fell out of my hands
and into the sink and a piece of it broke off.
So, of course we bought her a new one.
Strike one!
A few years ago I borrowed a blender from
my neighbor. Ours broke and we wanted to make
a fruit drink or something. It was a really nice blender.
So I washed it, told my husband I was leaving
to return it and as I was turning around, with
the blender in my hand, I whacked it on the bottom
side of our table and it broke into a hundred
pieces.
So, of course we bought her a new one and
one for ourselves.
Strike two!
"I will never borrow anything from anyone again!"
I kept telling myself. Over and over I told myself this!
Until the other day.
I borrowed a different neighbor's hand mixer.
We wanted to make cookies. I would have used
mine, but, I only have one metal mixer thing
that hooks into the mixer. When you use a
mixer with one of those, it takes a long time for the dough
to mix up thoroughly. So, to make things go faster
we borrowed the mixer. All was well. I was going to
return it today.
But, my husband and I went to the grocery store
and found some bananas on sale. They were a bit brown
and we thought it would be nice to have some banana
bread. I kept the mixer so I could make some.
Butter and sugar. Mix.
Add the eggs. Mix.
Add the dry ingredients. Mix.
Add the bananas. Mix.
Wait! Why wont it go.
Smoke?
Crap!
SRRRRIKE THREEEE! YOU'RE OUT!!!
Guess where I'm going today?
That's right! To the grocery store, to buy
my neighbor a new hand mixer. And one for myself!
Lesson FINALLY Learned! ugh!
No comments:
Post a Comment