Monday, June 1, 2009

A small battle I fought. I won!


Yesterday was Sunday. We have church at
12:30 and the whole morning was filled
with the lovely sounds of E SCREAMING.
I mean , the WHOLE morning.
And, the kids were not exactly getting along.

I ate breakfast but it didn't feel like it.
I had a bad headache.
I was irritated, exasperated, exhausted.
I did not want to go to church.
How could I with a screaming child.

I received a call not to forget about
choir practice.
I told her I was NOT coming.
I was having a very bad morning.

I then called my husband who was
already at church, on the verge of
tears and asked him to please ask
the Choir Director to substitute for
me as Primary Chorister. (which is
not my calling by-the -way.
I'm substituting for my friend who just
had baby twins. But that is a whole different
story)
He said he would see what he could do for me.
While this all was happening, my daughter
got E to go to sleep and it was finally
quiet!

I went down to my room and cried.

Almost immediately I realized what
was happening.

The Evil Villain didn't want me
to go to church. He didn't want
me to do anything good at all.
He wanted me to suffer and he
was laughing at me.

"I'll show him!" I thought! And pulled all
the strength I had left.
I got up, finished getting ready for church,
ate something nutritious, drank a big glass
of water and took some Excedrin (my best friend).

My kids showed their strength too
because they all got ready with out me.

I dressed E while he was sleeping and
he didn't wake up! Thank goodness.

We walked to church.

The second I stepped into the church
that Evil Villain left my side.

All was peaceful.

I connected with friends I hadn't talked to
in a while and enjoyed a beautiful
Sacrament Meeting. E woke up and was happy
during Sacrament Meeting and I did not have
to leave the room.
Music Time in Primary went really well
and those kids sing like angels. They do!

I fought a battle and won. I learned a
lesson too.

Lesson Learned:

My Heavenly Father loves me and
wants me to be happy.
Happy.
I have the strength to Fight the Evil Villian
because... Love Wins!
I love Him, and He loves me.
That is Super Power!

This may be a small battle, and I'm
not fighting the same battles you are
but, we can fight the battles the same.

Because You have Super Powers too.

He Loves You!


No comments:

Post a Comment