

So, this week I've been taking each child out
for a mentor meeting/ice cream treat.
It's been really fun.
1 child a day. Today I took Sara.
But, we'll start with Lills.
You know she just turned 5.
She loved her birthday so much
she keeps asking, "How many more day's
until my next birthday?"
She got some money for her birthday
so, for her mentor meeting we went shopping.
She was in heaven. Spent about 30 buckaroos
on the toys she has wanted for a long time.
A Princess umbrella, a baby diaper bag, a tiara,
Littlest Petshop toys. (the cutest little frog.
Oh my gosh, I would have loved these toys when
I was little) and a little sippy cup and bottle
for her doll. You know the kind that looks like
there is milk and orange juice in them?
Well, She was one happy little girl.
And it was fun, for me, to spend some time
watching her eyes get as round as saucers
when she found her treasures one by one.
She hardly goes anywhere (even to the library)
without trying to sneak everything she got
into the van. When I say,"umm...I don't think so
Lills. You don't want to lose anything."
She stomps and frowns.
But that's okay, because I still love her.
We talked about starting school in Sept and
she smiles really big and asks about the
stuff she will learn.
Every morning, I lay in bed and
revive the courage to start a new day.
The thoughts of my children pop into my
mind. And I pray that I will be a good
Mom to these precious individuals.
I love having 1:1 dates with my kids. It feels so good to give them the attention you wish you could every day. She is one beauty!!
ReplyDeleteIsn't it fun watching them get so excited about the little things in life? I know what you mean about the toys! I think I buy my girls' toys for me more than them :)
ReplyDeleteLove you Kelly!