I've been thinking of all the lessons
I've learned as I've gotten older
and(hopefully) wiser. There have been
too many to count(is kabillion a word?!).
What I'm having difficulty
doing is putting some of
those lessons learned to good use.
It's good to:
look your kids in the eye when you
talk to them,
be consistent in your discipline
(that is a HARD one),
take time to fix and develop
relationships.
get an education,
and keeping the bathroom door
closed at all times so E doesn't
play in the toilet and eat all the toothpaste.
okay, so, we all know this right?
But we also know that implementing these
"lessons" is a whole different ball game.
Well, I'm going to use my blog to
"return and report"
how I'm putting to practice
these lesson's I've learned.
So, here goes:
Lesson Learned
DO IT NOW!
Have you ever felt like you should
do something and ignore it?
I did that all the time.
Not so much any more. I try to follow
every feeling I get . Call this person... I do, right away!
Take in the neighbors trash cans... Done!
Hug the kids.....Done!
Wipe down that wall....Done!
Bring that blanket with you, or the
water bottle, or the toy......Done!
Make pancakes today....Done!
The key is doing it right when you
get the thought!
Do it Now!
You'll feel good and the thoughts
you get benefit someone in some way.
It reminds me of the Motto of the
Relief Society;
"Charity never Faileth"
Because it doesn't .
It Wineth! :)
I am so bad at this and I know I have missed out on many blessing because of it!! You are right I need to listen way more!! Did I mention I love your blog!!!
ReplyDelete