Trek is approaching so fast. And I've learned a ton preparing for it.
I learned how to sew pioneer bonnets, skirts and aprons.
I even sewed my own pioneer dress. With help. My friend Sharon came over,
helped me know what to cut out. She pinned, I sewed. It is so comfy I wore
it the rest of that afternoon.
my outfits
Chloe's outfits
Sara's outfits
Tony Sr. outfits
I learned how to make (with the help of my good friend Petro) 6 Flag poles with
PVC pipe. That was fun to spend time with Petro and his awesome wife Veda.
They are in their 80's and just as feisty as ever. He was helping me in his wood shop.
I wish I had a picture of this.
I learned how to make adjustable hemp cord bracelets. So cute and easy!
I cooked up some food for the food committee. Didn't even take me very long.
If you put things in the right perspective, you don't get overwhelmed.
I learned about making sure dates are right, equipment lists are right,
acting confident even though you don't feel that way,
making all kinds of schedules, updating the itinerary
multiple times and not procrastinating (you
make more mistakes when you procrastinate).
Comparing prices to get the best deal on sunscreen and bug
and tick repellent with permethrin in it. Do you know
what permethrin is? Me neither but don't put in on your skin!
Only your clothes! It smells like gas and
Only your clothes! It smells like gas and
guaranteed to guard you against ticks!
I hate the thought of a tick!
But they are in abundance this year at the ranch. (shiver)
I know where to get cheap buckets to pack your stuff in. I know what kind
of sleeping bag I need to sleep in to stay warm in the 25 degree night weather
there at the ranch.
it's not a pretty thing to pack for trek.
The head guy on the Medical Team (Gary) presented Tony and I with these:
He made them both and etched our names in them
...just to say thanks.
I have gotten to know the leadership in the stake and it's been great.
There is no way to pull off anything great without the help of some amazingly
talented people. Collective talents is probably the best blessing of all.
We're excited to get going. The journey is almost finished and it will be
kind of bitter/sweet once it's all done.
We still have a ton more to do. I'll make sure to take pictures
of the next chaotic part of this whole thing:
Packing the food, checking in all the youth and packing them up,
packing all the equipment, the BBQ to train the Ma's and Pa's
how to do all the activities planned for the youth.
Still trying to find youth to join in this amazing adventure
and get them ready and packed. Make sure we have registration forms
and medical forms in. Make sure...make sure...make sure...
Pray for us! :)
We still have a ton more to do. I'll make sure to take pictures
of the next chaotic part of this whole thing:
Packing the food, checking in all the youth and packing them up,
packing all the equipment, the BBQ to train the Ma's and Pa's
how to do all the activities planned for the youth.
Still trying to find youth to join in this amazing adventure
and get them ready and packed. Make sure we have registration forms
and medical forms in. Make sure...make sure...make sure...
Pray for us! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment