Last Sunday during the first portion of Sacrament meeting Tony Jr. was sustained to the office of an Elder.
Tony Sr. and I were sustained to be the Trail Bosses for 2013 Pioneer Trek for our Stake. For some odd reason the members of our ward laughed during that part. Why? What's so funny? Are we missing something?
We will be in charge of the whole Trek. If it is not successful, it's our fault. It's a little intimidating. We checked out a bunch of stories about the Pioneers and WOW!... they are so sad and so inspiring. We're making an appointment with the last trail bosses so that will help. Tony and I were a Ma and Pa on our stake's trek 8 years ago so, we have an idea of how it's all suppose to work.
It will be fun to work so closely with my husband. We've never done anything like this before, together.
After church, the priesthood holders in my family, the bishopric, and a member of the stake presidency gathered around Tony Jr to ordain him. It was a large circle so they all had to squish in there. To see so many Priesthood holders surround my son like that was an amazingly spiritual thing to see. I loved it.
I was so happy.
Did you vote today? I got to work at one of the poll stations. It was a long 15 hour day, but fun to meet new people. A Spanish guy from Peru was helping me with my spanish. "Cuanto mas?" he would ask me, or "What day is it today? Yesterday?" in spanish. I would answer if I could. He told me to get to New York as soon as possible before it ceases to exist.
Our poll manager (age 70 something) kept standing in peoples way to get to the registration table just to bug them. When I told him he needed to move out of the way he told me to meet him out at the flag pole. Then he proceeded to brag about a time he actually punched a girl in the face.
A guy there had the same last name as me, spelled the same and everything. We were trying to find a common ancestor but couldn't.
I met a lady that was a lot like me. A 40 something homeschooling mom. We had so much in common it was weird.
One lady was so cute and got a kick out of everyone's personality and she giggled at everything. She held a lot of the babies that came through the line with his/her parents. She was fun.
One lady I had worked with before likes to read so we talk a lot about the books we have read. She bought "Laddie" to read, after I told her last time I saw her, how awesome that story is.
And another guy who likes WWII stories. And the lady in charge of all the machines is just plain nice and smart. I learned how to do provisional ballots which was awesome.
These were the people I worked with for 15 hours. It's fun to see how complete strangers can come together like that and get a big job done. We worked really good together and quite efficiently, thank you very much!
Anyways, I'm tired.
Goodnight.
I was so happy.
Did you vote today? I got to work at one of the poll stations. It was a long 15 hour day, but fun to meet new people. A Spanish guy from Peru was helping me with my spanish. "Cuanto mas?" he would ask me, or "What day is it today? Yesterday?" in spanish. I would answer if I could. He told me to get to New York as soon as possible before it ceases to exist.
Our poll manager (age 70 something) kept standing in peoples way to get to the registration table just to bug them. When I told him he needed to move out of the way he told me to meet him out at the flag pole. Then he proceeded to brag about a time he actually punched a girl in the face.
A guy there had the same last name as me, spelled the same and everything. We were trying to find a common ancestor but couldn't.
I met a lady that was a lot like me. A 40 something homeschooling mom. We had so much in common it was weird.
One lady was so cute and got a kick out of everyone's personality and she giggled at everything. She held a lot of the babies that came through the line with his/her parents. She was fun.
One lady I had worked with before likes to read so we talk a lot about the books we have read. She bought "Laddie" to read, after I told her last time I saw her, how awesome that story is.
And another guy who likes WWII stories. And the lady in charge of all the machines is just plain nice and smart. I learned how to do provisional ballots which was awesome.
These were the people I worked with for 15 hours. It's fun to see how complete strangers can come together like that and get a big job done. We worked really good together and quite efficiently, thank you very much!
Anyways, I'm tired.
Goodnight.
Cool that you got to work at a poll station. It's always fun getting to know people and their different personalities (was that guy for real?)
ReplyDeleteLove the picture of you and Tony at the top of your blog. And Congrats to Tony jr! Exciting times.
I imagine that they were giggling about the calling's name, "Trail Bosses". For the uninitiated, it sounds like a funny name for a calling. ;) Kinda like the bishop being called "Crowd Boss".
ReplyDeleteok, maybe not.