Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Update....

My life is flying so quickly by I can hardly catch up.  But here is a run down on our business around here.

Tony Jr is filing  paper work for his mission with a departure date of Feb 1, 2013.  Took a minute for him to decide and figure it all out. But, it's the real deal. I couldn't be happier. Tony will be a fabulous missionary and I'm so excited for this new chapter of his life to unfold. (His girlfriend, Heather, will also be serving a mission.)

Tony's best friend, Jeremy, is at Boot Camp with the National Reserves. I just saw a picture of him just coming out of the gas chamber and wanted to throw up. Not that it was gross but that he's like another member of our family and it just made me sick that he even had to do that.

Sara is doing just great. She loves High School. Has tons of great friends that she tells me about all the time. She is very responsible. Learning to drive. Will have her license by March. When Tony leaves, she will inherit the Toyota truck and drive herself  and Chloe to High School next year. So that means NO MORE CARPOOL. WooHoo!!!!!!! A win/win for both of us!

Chloe is doing great too. She is studying hard to prepare for High School next year. She is so much like me.
This can be good and bad. :) She is so funny and spunky. She loves her friends so much and wants to be with them as much as she can. Thankfully one of them lives close.

Dallin is an 11 year old scout. What does this mean exactly? Nothing so far. It seems like 11 year old scout leaders dissapear  into thin air once my boys turn 11. But he is doing great.  He hates that he is not as old as the bigger kids and he hates that he has a little brother wanting to do EVERYTHING with him.  He needs an "out" sometimes so he goes to work with my husband. He is still drawing and doing origami and nature studies which are his favorite things.

Lilly is a sweetheart and LOVES Taylor Swift. Has memorized most of her songs. It's kind of creepy.:)
She likes school right now...well, most of it. Not reading. She has dyslexia and it's not too fun for her to sit down and practice reading. It really is so hard for her. Sometimes I want to cry; she just does. But, She is so smart and usually willing to suck it up and move forward. She is the bravest child I have.

Ian is growing up. He is more mature and can handle things a little better. He is getting smarter and smarter everyday. I love that he loves me to read to him. Even if it's "Overcoming Dyslexia" or "Entitlement Trap" or some book like that.  He's so funny and loves to wrestle.

Dallin, Lilly, and Ian get along best when they are beating the crap out of each other with foam swords.
I love my kids so much it hurts. They have amazing spirits. They are so good.

So, my husband and I just celebrated 20 years together. Almost half my life. We are more in love than ever.
We have had our up and downs like anybody and have grown closer because of them. I am so amazed that Heavenly Father placed us together and that he knew what we both needed to "become" with each others help.  I love him and will always...for eternity to be exact. :)

Tony and I have a lot of exciting things happening in our family in the next few months and we are so ready to plunge in. Together, as husband and wife, and our children.

It feels so good to see those words typed out.

Husband, Wife, Our Children. Family.

God is so good. So, so good.



  


2 comments:

  1. So glad to hear about everyone. Family is the best. Love you all so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) I got teary, I admit it. You guys are pretty awesome. yay for Tony! And Heather! And Sara... and Chloe, and Dallin, and Lily and Ian... for that matter. ;) I love to read updates and soooo wish we were closer to soak in some more of your awesomeness.

    Love, Love, and more Loves....

    Ari

    ReplyDelete