Friday, April 13, 2012

Oh my gosh, There is just so much...

There's just a lot going on right now. Well, mostly all the time, but I feel so anxious and excited at the same time.


T is graduating this year and I feel so anxious about him leaving our home and beginning his own life. He's not leaving right away, but time flies when your having fun and Oh Boy, are we having fun! I just know I'm going to miss him so much and it hurts already! He has been so kind and wonderful to his younger brothers and sisters it makes me want to burst with gratefulness. He will be attending SLCC before his mission and taking some fun cooking/ nutrition classes on the side to keep him super busy!  He's also trying to come up with a "Senior Trip" plan for this summer to experience some kind of adventure. We'll see what he finally comes up with but we're excited for him.

one of T's senior pics

S is having a great time in school and is just blossoming into a beautiful young woman who is smart and has a lot of common sense. She says she has an old spirit. :)



C is now in rehearsals for the Shakespeare play "The Tempest". Totally fun for her. She plays a fairy and is on stage almost the whole play. Not very many speaking parts, but she does have to scream for 5 seconds. Fun for her!:)

D is a budding artist. He draws and draws. It's fun for him to learn a new skill. He's spending tons of time with his big brother playing Settlers of Catan and learning War Hammer along with painting his own little  figures.
He will never forget this time of his life and the time his brother spent with him.





Lills is loving Fancy Nancy. She tries to dress all fancy everyday. It's really cute. Fancy Nancy books are really fun to read too. She just loves them.  Many times she will fill up glasses of water and serve them from a platter, because that's just the fancier way!
Lills read her first book so we had a fun breakfast to celebrate. Waffles with fresh raspberry sauce and whipped cream. Delish!

E went to a birthday party (Sophie's) ALL BY HIMSELF! This is HUGE for him. Although he clung to Julia the whole time, he was there WITHOUT me.  Then on Sunday he went to primary (with me of course) but he sat on his OWN chair and even raised his hand to participate in Sharing Time.  AMAZING! Everyone at church usually just sees his scowl  (that he's had since the second he was born)and his stubbornness and his fit throwing. Oh, how thankful I am!


I was called to be on the Stake Young Women's Camp Committee. It's been fun so far but, oh my goodness, there is so much to do and not very much time. I've met some amazing women, and I get to work with one of them doing Certification and Team Building Activities along with some YCL's (youth young women leaders ages 16-18).  I'm just barley getting my hands wet, but by the time this thing is over I will be a Pro! Whatever that means!


I have also been trying some new recipes in Kelly's Kitchen and I came up with a delicious meal for my hubby.  He called from his meetings and said," Will you make me some rice? I didn't eat dinner and I'm so hungry."
Sure!
This is what I made:
1 Chicken breast (thawed) sprinkled with Lemon pepper and Mrs. Dash and baked it.
Basmati Rice (Follow cooking instructions)
Purple onion as much as you like (Cut in little skinny strips sprinkle with garlic salt and saute in olive oil until they are blackened and crispy)

Lay the cooked chicken breast on a little pile of rice and spoon the onions on each side of the breast.
Sprinkle the top with fresh cilantro. The blackened onions flavor the rice just right.
Oh man, it was so good. My husband came home just in time and I watched him eat.
He loved it too and was so thankful for good food. I loved being able to feed and nurture him in that way. 

1 comment:

  1. I Love your family! That meal looks fantastic...maybe it will fly with my family. I'll try it out.

    ReplyDelete