Thursday, August 18, 2011

The Help

I finished my book too fast. I'm sorry it's over!
It pulled me into that time period like I was sitting
at Aibileen's kitchen table listening to her wisdom ,
Listening to Hilly at a bridge party wanting to punch her,
Wanting to hug Mae Mobley because her mom wont
 love her, and high fiving Minny because she sticks up for
 herself!

Then I wondered about myself. Would I do something
as brave as Skeeter and those maids did... in those times?
What about now? Would I do something so risky and
brave now?  Would I defend what I know to be right
and true?
I pray for strength and hope that I would.

It's made me think about the kind of mom I am
and the kind of mom I want to be. It makes
me feel like I can use the talents god has given
me to do something great! It makes me want to
improve the relationships I have with my neighbors
and it makes me want to plant roses!

Have you read it yet? What did you think?

2 comments:

  1. Bought it.. read it... loved it! I too thought some of those same questions after reading the book. We will have to talk sometime soon about the book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jared and I just saw the movie last night. As always, the movie is so different
    than you picture the book, but still we loved it. We read the book at the
    beginning of the year and just loved loved loved it!!! What a horrible part of
    our American history. Let's hope we have learned our leassons from it and NEVER
    do it agian! Let's HOPE!!!

    ReplyDelete