Tuesday, February 1, 2011

E


My 3 yr old E saw his name on a note book and
brought it to me. "It's mine, right mom?" he said.
It is his when he moves away. This notebook is filled
with letters from me about his life and things he
says etc...
This is what I found inside....

When he was six month old he had surgery. It was hard
for my hubby and I to see him go through that. It wasn't
near what some others go through with their children
and yet it was traumatic for us. I told him about his
surgery and showed him the scar it left in his side and
told him how cool it was that doctors could fix what was
wrong and he would be all better.

Well, lucky us, he gets to go through it again. He has
a hernia this time. When I told him we had to
go to the doctor to check it out he said,
"The doctor cut me?"
It breaks my heart again, probably more, because
he understands more this time. He does not like
the doctors touching him at all. But, he seems
to be okay, for now, that he needs surgery. That the
doctors will fix what is wrong and make it all
better. His surgery is scheduled for Feb. 24th.
Not a big deal. Out patient surgery. But
traumatic nonetheless. We will be praying
for the comfort E needs to get through it well.

I am reminded....
"Be of good cheer and do not fear, for I the
Lord am with you and will stand by you."
D&C 68:6

1 comment:

  1. you are such an awesome mom!!! I am always in awe of your relationships and teaching moments with your kids.

    ReplyDelete