be a cleaning day. To catch up from last week when
we did nothing but play rehearsals and such.
We did our chores, started the big pile of laundry,
detailed the van, and then detailed it again...
that's when D came out of the house crying,
"MOM," while holding on to his finger.
"Crap!" I thought!
I ran in to find out he was cutting a card board box with
his pocket knife and it closed on his finger.
I looked at the cut and it was pretty deep,
but wasn't sure if he would need stitches.
I took him over to my friends house for a second opinion.
"Ya, it's pretty deep, looks like it's almost to the bone."
"Crap!" I said again!
Off we go to the Doc's office.
He definitely needed stitches.
Two really cool things happened. Okay three.
First: D was really scared and asked if I would say a
prayer with him. We did and he felt better.
Second:Him and Lills watched the Doctor sew up
his wound. They were so entranced by it all.
"I want to watch!" Lills said. "Eww, mom, there
is blood coming out...!"
"I can't even feel it. It's like watching a movie!" said D
"That is so freaky!" Lills said. "I totally saw it go
through his skin."
No crying just pure interest and curiosity!
The Doctor even said that D was her bravest patient
she's ever had. Ever!
Third: D told his dad what happened and he told him he was scared
of getting stitches. His dad told him,"
" After its all over you will wonder what you were so afraid of."
After it was all over that's exactly what he said.
"Dad was right! I don't know what I was so afraid of."
Miracle, I tell ya!

The rest of the afternoon was filled with more little
injuries in body and spirit with the rest of the gang....
....and now I need to fix dinner!
...and I probably shouldn't say "Crap" so much!
It's not very ladylike! :)
that was a great story! i am glad it all turned out ok...
ReplyDeleteHe is such a brave kid. We did not have the same experience when Lauren got stitches...and,maybe we should all say crap a little less! :)
ReplyDelete