Sunday, March 14, 2010

meeting Ellen


I read c-jane. Do you?
If you want you can click on
her blog on my side bar.
She's funny and she has a
slight lisp like my husband.
That's why I like her. And she makes
me want to move to Happy Valley.

She posted one day about getting
some postpartum clothes made for her
by Ellen. Sara read it too.
Sara dreams about designing clothes.

Sara asked if I could possibly contact Ellen
so she could interview her. (Personal progress
goal by the way.)
"I can try." I said.

I found her e-mail and asked her if she would have
some time for us.

I was so surprised when I got an e-mail back
from her saying she would be happy to meet
with us.

We met at the famous Iceberg Hamburger joint.
Ellen was so fun to talk to . She was happy and
excited. She was wearing the cutest skirt she designed
and shoes my daughters loved which added 100
points to her hipness.

She told us a lot and Sara asked her some more
questions.
Chloe and I enjoyed being able to sit in and ask
some questions of our own.

She gave Sara some fun tips to get started with
her dream.

Keep loving clothes.
Watch movies and the Academy Awards
and notice the clothes.
Get familiar with different kids of fabric.
Like going to a fabric store just to touch
fabric. Collect swatches.
Sew just to experiment.
Learn how to follow a simple pattern.
If you hate what you make, put it in a suit
case in the closet.
Get on newyorktimes.com and look at the
slide show of all the different styles in
New York and London.
Write, write, write.
Start a blog and share what you have learned.
You can visit Sara's blog here.
I can't think of funner homework than that.

Ellen, you were delightful. Thank You for
sharing 'you' and your expertise with us.
I still want the name of that big book you
told us about. :)

You can visit Ellen here.

1 comment:

  1. That is just awesome! You are such a great mom to give your girls this opportunity to meet with her! I think sara would be such a good designer!

    ReplyDelete